The main objective of the module is to provide knowledge and understanding of contemporary approaches to organisational behaviour and to identify mental health and wellbeing as organisational key performance indicators.
By the end of this module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the relationships between work, working conditions and well-being and mental health.
- Distinguish between a range of organisational factors and conditions that may be experience as workplace stressors.
- Show an understanding of the association between stress and ill health (i.e., psychoneuroendocrinology and psychoneuroimmunology).
- Understanding and critically discuss key concepts such as organisation culture and cross-cultural differences when addressing mental health and wellbeing at work
- To describe the contributions of organisational psychology to the prevention, promotion and amelioration of occupational health and wellbeing.
- To critically evaluate research pertaining to mental health and psychology.
- Docente: Teresa D'Oliveira