Annunci

List of Questions Relating to the Assigned Cases for This Friday

List of Questions Relating to the Assigned Cases for This Friday

de Norifumi KAWAI -
Número de respuestas: 0

International Business & Trade

Dear all,

Buonasera a tutti. 

I just wanted to kindly inform you that I just posted a list of questions pertaining to each assigned article on moodle.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could have a close look at the relevant document.

I wish you a wonderful evening.

Kind wishes, Norifumi Kawai

Yang et al. (2009)

Questions

What is the core argument of this paper?

Explain the internationalization process of Chinese firms as well as of Japanese firms.

Clarify the underlying concept of the ‘3’ theories the authors have presented in their article.

Why is the case study so useful?

Assess the rationale behind the internationalization of Haier & Matsushita in an extension of the ‘3’ theories. Are there any clear differences & similarities?

Provide managerial implications from this article.

“NIDEC Corporation”

Questions

Describe the general background of Nidec?

Explain the internationalization process of Nidec.

Clarify ‘2’ sources of their competitive advantage.

Discuss the potential risks inherent in cross-border M&As.

What is the major challenge Nidec is currently facing?

“Xiaomi in the Global Smartphone Market”

Questions

Clarify what firm-specific advantages Xiaomi enjoy to outperform global players in the smartphone market.

Discuss how Xiaomi has been more successful than their key competitors (Samsung & Apple) in China from an institutional perspective.

Specify what weaknesses would ruin Xiaomi’s competitive superiority.

Explain what cultural & institutional barriers prevented Xiaomi from gaining competitive advantage in India.

Discuss whether Xiaomi would become the global leader in the future. If yes, why? If no, why not?

“Beko Washes Clothes Across Europe”

Questions

What is the central debate of this case?

From an institution-based view, how did the institutional environment of Turkey influence the growth strategy of Beko?

From the RBV, what capabilities did Arcelik have to develop market share for Beko in different countries in Europe?

How would you suggest developing Beko’s European & global operations further from a strategic point of view?