Annunci

Special Topics in Internationalization

par Norifumi KAWAI,
Nombre de réponses : 0

Dear all, 

Thank you for your great participation today.

I just wanted to inform you that I have posted today's lecture presentation on moodle.

Please have a close look at it when you have time.

For next Monday, I would like you to read the following articles:

(1) Gulf Airlines Challenge a Global Industry 

(2) Xiaomi Challenges Global Smartphone Leaders

I will ask several students to share their summary report of each article next Monday so that please be well-prepared.

One more point to underline is that your class participation will significantly impact your overall academic performance for this course. Therefore, please be officially informed that it is important for you to accumulate as many points as possible for the next weeks. When I calculate your class participation points, I will simply benchmark the person who earned the highest points.

Example: Student A participated in class discussions 100 times during this course while Student B 10 timesThe class participation assessment method accounts for 20%. As you know, in Italy, the highest overall mark (full score) is 30 (+Lode). It will be 6.0 points. Considering the hypothetical situation above, Student A will be awarded 6.0 points for his/her class participation while Student B will be awarded only 0.60 points. It is evident that this makes a huge difference. In other words, Student B might possibly achieve 24.60 points when he/she gets a full score for the group presentation (6.0 points at a maximum) and the final exam (18 points at a maximum). However, this would unlikely happen because the final exam is quite broad, tough & challenging.

This is the major reason why I keep encouraging you to participate in class discussions based on your preparation. The more frequently you are absent, the more detrimental it will be to your overall academic performance. Some students may easily pass my course while others may have a tremendous difficulty in succeeding in my course. 

In conclusion, please make sure that you change gears to bring yourself to the next level.

Kind wishes, Norifumi Kawai