Annunci

Prof. Dr. Norifumi Kawai/Universita degli Studi di Bergamo

Prof. Dr. Norifumi Kawai/Universita degli Studi di Bergamo

di KAWAI Norifumi -
Numero di risposte: 0

Bergamo, 27.03.2024

Special Topics in Internationalization

Dear all,

First of all, I would like to send my special thanks to the students who attended & participated in today's class discussions even if today's weather is horrible & even before the Easter break starts. I really appreciate it. 

As mentioned explicitly, the final exam covers diverse topics. Please make sure that you should start preparing yourself for that. This is my honest & genuine advice.

However, please remember that the final exam accounts for 60%. The rest composed on (1) class participation & (2) group presentation will account for a total of 40%. 

Particularly, those who are absent rregularly & frequently lose tremendous class participation points. Please remember that there are many students who proactively participate in class discussions in a consistent manner. There is no doubt that they automatically keep collecting many class participation points. At the same time, I officially pay attention not only to the frequency of students' participation but also to the quality & regularity. The most important point I would like to stress is that I officially evaluate your class participation benchmarking the several top performers.

Believe or not, I do place the highest value on students showing enthusiasm, respect, persistence, diligence, and a spirit of professionalism in a consistent manner. Based on my experienced knowledge, such crucial characteristics are most likely correlated with positive academic & career performance outcomes. I have zero mercy to those who act opportunistically & disrespectfully. As you fully understand, the two previous exam scripts I brought to the class today indeed reflect the aforementioned points.

Please note that the more absent you are in my lecture the more sharply your final mark skyfalls. It is something like when dust accumulates, it becomes a mountain. You can interpret this in both positive & negative ways depending on your situation.

Please make sure that you read the following articles & understand them in greater depth before coming to the lecture scheduled on 08.04.2024 (Monday) (As appointed voluntarily, the students listed in particular are now expected to explain the core logic/detailed discussions of the assigned article in public):

Kawai, N., Strange, R., & Zucchella, A. (2018). “Stakeholder Pressures, EMS Implementation, & Green Innovation in MNC Overseas Subsidiaries”, International Business Review, 27: 933-946. Sofia Manno / Megan Lamplough

Tatoglu, E., Demirbag, M., Bayraktar, E. & Sunil, S., & Glaister, K. (2014). Determinants of Voluntary Environmental Management Practices by MNE Subsidiaries. Journal of World Business, 49(4): 536-548. Lucrezia Merello / Assia Britel

Meyer, K. (2011). “German Chamber of Commerce Develops Social Responsibility in China” (pp. 534-537). Luca Martinelli / Savanna Djumaeva 

That's all for today. "Every single step you are taking is truly meaningful."

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

I wish you a wonderful Easter break and ci vediamo la settimana dopo la prossima. Buona Pasqua !

Kind wishes, Norifumi Kawai